Another month has passed and it’s time to do a recap of all the fun stuff that have been happening here on Dominique’s Desk
Without further ado here are the top 10 highlights of last month.
1. The kids visited a few places of interest last month. They went on the Singapore Flyer, River boat ride and Hippo bus during the 1st week of June. It wasn’t that fun an experience for them as there were massive delays in our itineary and the media invite outing by OMY was very badly planned. The worst part was the $5 Toast box gift voucher, which looked like it was lying in a drawer and fished out just 10 days short of expiry, that they sent after I ranted about how bad it was organized.
2. The kids really enjoyed their outing to the Singapore Art Museum. They got to try out quite a few crafts and really had fun playing around with the interactive exhibits.
3. Tiger Girl is into reading lately. She loves taking brochures and books and try to read them. Most of the time I would have to read them out while pointing out the words to her. However now she is able to recognize certain alphabets and would happily say them while pointing them out to me instead.
4. The kids had great fun trying out the various occupations like firefighter, police man, pest control, supermarket manager, Baskin robbins ice-cream salesman, car mechanic among others during their visit to Kidszaina in South Korea
5. I loved seeing the flowers when we were at Everland. It was really like having the storybook scene come to live before me with the beautiful gardens. The best highlight for me there was the rose gardens where I got to enjoy the roses.
6. The kids had a blast at Lotte World and really went wild on the kiddy rides. The best thing was that there were two sections- indoor and outdoor. Majority of the rides were indoor and we got to enjoy them in the cool air-con comfort.
7. We visited one of the biggest aquarium that we have been to date – Coex Aquarium while on vacations in Seoul and the kids and I were fascinated by the large collection of fishes which were ingeniously displayed.
8. Pororo is Tiger girl’s greatest love at the moment. She simply adores the little Korean penguin and loves carrying her Pororo water bottle around while wearing the light up Pororo shoes.
9. I’ve started writing on a new series- Supermom 101 where I document my daily routine and how I make this work for me- coping with family, house and work.
10. We had a guest post by the creator of Blue Clues and Super Why on how to efficiently use TV viewing as a teaching media.