Whoo.. it’s nearly the end of March and time to do another Top 10 Highlights post. In February we visited many different places and took lots of photos. It wasn’t much different this March but we had the chance to go on a vacation as the kids were on their 1 week term break this month.
Here are the highlights of this month in no particular order.
The kids and I had our first visit on board a navy ship. It was a really cool experience as the boys got to see how a missile launcher was and the control deck of the ship.
My eldest turned 9th this month. We had a simple birthday celebration with this cake that I baked for him in between Swimming class and Sunday school on a Saturday.
It is really fun having two elder brothers. Tiger girl loves spending time with her brothers.
I’ve been putting my Macro lens to good use by taking photos of the pink blooms which I purchased a few weeks back. I’m learning how to adjust the settings on Manual mode on my DSLR and seeing how the photos turn out under different settings.
5. Besides snapping flowers I also use the macro to capture what I’m having for lunch during the weekdays. I’m actively trying to eat more healthy and hopefully the kids will follow too.
6. Even though I am trying to cut down on treats but I don’t deprive myself of them. This tasty treat was from Coffee club which I shared with Monkey boy while out on a lunch date.
7. Learning a new board game is something which the boys and I did this month. Wei Qi is the traditional Chinese game which we learned from attending a workshop while we were at the National Library in Chinatown.
8. Capturing the vibrancy of a place is what I aim to do when I am out and about with the kids. During a recent visit to Chinatown for Dim Sum I managed to snap the shot above even though I was balancing Tiger girl on one hand.
9. One can never get enough of Japanese food. Sushi and Sashimi are our family favourites and outing to Japanese restaurants for a meal are quite a norm for us.
10. Even though there are many tasty treats and fancy foods available in Singapore the kids do need to monitor their sugar intake too as I don’t wish for them to suffer illnesses related to overeating Sugar. Beat Sugar Addiction Now! for kids is one of the books that I recently read. I got an insight on how I can further tweak the weekly menu planning to make it more healthy for the kids too.
How has your March been?