May is almost over and the month long holidays for the kids are fast approaching. The kids and I are all psyched for June to arrive as we have a whole range of activities lined up for the whole family to enjoy. Without further ado here are the highlights which we had for the month of May.
1. We had been eating out a lot and have been feasting on Dim Sum over at Chinatown. There are two particular restaurants which we had taken to having our means at – Mouth restaurant and Yum Cha. You should check them out the next time you head to Chinatown.
2. While at Chinatown I took the chance to take a look at the architecture of the place. Even though many of the old buildings have been torn down and replaced by skyscrapers there were still a few old buildings being conserved so that Chinatown is able to retain it’s cultural identity.
3. I visit the Tulipmania exhibition at the Flower Dome and were really bowled over by the beauty of the flowers there. Besides tulips there were also roses and other lovely plants at the dome.
4. We had fun at Hort Park on Mother’s Day when we went there for a photo taking session. The kids got to play while we captured some family moments.
5. Sometime you have to take a look at different angles to be able to spot something new. Like this grasshopper was only seen at the kid’s eye level. There are many things which I would have missed seeing if not for the kids spotting it.
6. I gave a sneak peek into what was in my bag when I posted about 10 things inside my bag. I still feel that there are too many things to carry around and am looking to see how I can reduce the number of things I need to take out.
7. I can do less ironing now that Monkey boy has started to iron his own uniform with the Philips Perfect Care Steam Generator Iron which we got this month. It really irons on easily and now that he has learned to use it I have one less chore in the house to do.
8. While the elder brother irons the younger brother helps to do the laundry. We use Comfort Ultra Pure in our wash and it really makes the clothes smell nice. Now if I can get Tiger girl to fold the clothes independently I can have my hands off the laundry in the house 🙂
9. Shroom Bites are one of my favourite snacks at TCC. I make it a point to order this dish if I am not having any slice of cake. They do have lovely cakes there too by the way.
10. I went painting at Hearts Studio and did my 2nd Acrylic painting. The first one I did was last year where I did a painting with tea session with my friends. This painting turned out better as we had the guidance of the talented Teacher Guz.
What are your top 10 highlights of May?