It’s December and the start of Advent. Before long it will Christmas and we will be celebrating the birth of Jesus and the start of a new year. 2014 is finally drawing to a close and it has certainly been a year of growth for me and the kids.
1) November was a month of firsts for Tiger girl. It was the first time that she attempted Rock Climbing at the Rock School in Bedok. She was the youngest participant at the rock climbing session and thoroughly enjoyed herself.
Tiger girl showed how gung-ho she is when she steadily scaled the 3 storey wall and made it to the summit. Monkey boy and Doggie boy too managed to scale the walls and did it several times during our 2 hour session.
2) Disney has come to town and the kids had the fun at the Winter Wonderland at Changi. We were invited to try out the bouncy castle which they had set up and look at the Disney theme decorations. The kids enjoyed themselves bouncing around in the castle.
3) I did all my Christmas shopping early this year. I ordered family braclets from Adeline’s Loft and water bottles from Taobao. Ordering items online has really made shopping so much easier. It also saves me time and money as I get the best deals.
4) It was play and more play as Tiger girl and her brothers went on playdates with their friends. We hosted playdates at our house and also went together to try out the Amped Trampoline park.
For $13/ hr per kid they bounced around and had fun on the trampolines in this indoor hall. I found it rather pricey however it was certainly a fun experience for them to enjoy.
5) Another fun experience the kids had was playing laser tag. They chased each other around and had a good workout while playing with the guns.
6) November being a month of Thanksgiving I focused on various activities which taught the kids about showing gratitude. We read the book – Gratitude is a Funny Thing and made up our own Gratitude Tree.
7) November was a month that I opened up and shared some fact on the blog about myself. I have been mentioning more about the kids and our experiences and it was time to give you readers more information about myself.
8) We have been going and eating out more that the kids are on school holidays. It was the prefect excuse for me to eat cake with them while we were at a cafe.
9) Being positive and having happy thoughts certainly would make life more meaningful. Looking at the happy smiles of the kids really helps to perk up my day.
10) Having fun and enjoying oneself is certainly good. Besides the thrills and excitement one can definitely spend time to give thanks for the blessing that one has received. For Thanksgiving I dedicated a post to my family for all they have given me. They are and always will be my pride and joy and my main source of motivation.
How was your month of November like?