September was a celebration month for Tiger girl as she celebrated her 4th birthday. My little girl is growing up and will be in Kindergarten soon. It has been lots of fun and play this month for her as she received so many new toys for her birthday from the family and friends.
Here are 10 fun things that happened this September for us.
1. We had a weekend of fun for everyone at Bintan. It was the first time that we visited that Indonesian island and the kids were thrilled with the activities that the resort had planned for them. They didn’t want the day to end!!( Blog more about it in an upcoming post)
2. It has been an extremely long time since R and I were able to sport activities as a couple. It was great that the kids were occupied at kids club and the adventure camp that weekend so we could go off and try out the jet ski and ATV. It was the first time that I tried out handling the jet ski . I was rather nervous initially as there isn’t any brake on the jet ski and the speed was controlled by squeezing on the throttle instead. It took some time getting use to the machine and after 3 or 4 rounds I was brave enough to travel much faster on the jet ski across the water. We tried out the ATV after jet skiing and listening to the instructions on how to operate that machine was mind boggling to me. In the end I took the easier option of riding as a passenger instead while R took control of the vehicle.
3. Tiger girl had her wish come true when she was given two my little pony play sets for her birthday. Her brothers gave her the Canterlot Castle while Hasbro sponsored her a Princess Twilight Sparkle Rainbow Kingdom Set. She can spend hours playing with them at home.
4. Focusing on goals and seeing them through is what I have been doing the past month as I realign my plans and assess how certain procedures that I have put in place have been fairing. There is still 3 more months till the end of 2014 and enough time to buck up on areas which have yet to meet my expectations.
5. We have been travelling a lot these few years and this year alone we have been to Hong Kong , China and Indonesia so far. The kids and me really enjoy visiting new places and soaking in the different experiences that are unique to the countries we visit. (The kids don’t know it yet but I’m planning for another trip for them in the upcoming Nov/Dec school holidays. )
6. Serving healthy food and drinks to the kids has always been my priority. These few months I’ve started to make homemade soya milk for the kids to drink as it’s certainly healthier and also cheaper.
7. If you are wondering what we serve for dinner at home here is a sneak peak into my kitchen. I give the kids lots of greens and a variety of foods at each meal as I love a lot of color in my food.
8. Besides focusing on filling them up with food I am also taking note that they do sufficient exercise. Mama Yoga and the Story of Namaste is a children’s book which I recently read to the kids about how they could incorporate Yoga into their daily exercise routine. They had lots of fun trying out the different poses that they were shown in the book.
9. Quotations can really be very powerful and the above quote inspired me to write a post on how I picture life so far and how it has been for me living out the quote – There is no need to have it all..Make the best of all you have.
10. I finally managed to complete the post – You and Me Equals Us – Love (Part 2) where I share my thoughts on friendship and kinship.