January has come and gone in a blink of an eye. It has been a hectic start to the new year with 3 new school schedules to juggle and the new plans that I have for this year.
Achievements for January
- Dominique’s Desk Fan Page is slowly edging up to the 10k Fan Mark with the current number at 9700.
- Alexa ranking is down further and I hope that it remains the same or reduces further. Last glance it was 73,027
I’ve started up a new series on the blog called Holisting Learning with Dominique. It will be a year long series whereby I share what I have done with the 3 kids to give them an all rounded education.
- I’ve completed 4 book reviews, 6 giveaways and 2 product reviews on top of the normal daily posting on the blog. I still have quite a few book reviews to be completed but will finish them up months to come.
- Expanded my online portfolio by taking on clients for website creation and am currently developing a website for a local baking shop.
- The kids are settling down well to their new school routine and are loving being in school.
- I managed to bake bread and try out a new soup recipe. Will try out more recipes next month.
Major Fail area
- Weight has remained at 64-65kg. I have tried adjusting the portion size of my food and cutting out all the unwanted calories from junk foods. I need to step up on the exercise routine
- The year end 2012 photobook has yet to be done.
- I have yet to read the stack of DSLR camera magazines which I bought back in 2012.
Resolutions for 2013
- Focus on more healthy eating and exercising. Target weight is getting back to 60kg first.
- Reading up and learning more about how to use my DSLR
- Test out the recipes in the cook books that I have acquired in 2012.
- To brush up on my French and Japanese.
For the blog
- To increase readership even further and break the 15K FB Fan mark.
- Get more sponsors and campaigns.
- To double blog income.
For the kids
- Engage them in more family based activities and teach them more life skills.
- Read scripture together with the kids bi-weekly with follow up activities weekly.
- Pray together before meals and before bed.
- Focus on both academic and physical development for each child.
For the family
- Go on family vacations at least twice a year.
- Spend time outdoors with the kids
- Watch movies or have games night once a month.
For our relationship
- Have a couple night once a month or as often as possible.
- Go on a couple trip without the kids.
- Pray together