Last month I didn’t publish my goals as Rebekah was taking a break. This month I’ll continue with my goal revision and link up if she intends to continue hosting this meme. I feel that it is good to be accountable to myself and to see how far I have come along with keeping my 2012 resolutions.
I’ve managed to achieve the goals which I defined since Jan EXCEPT the weight lost goal. It’s quite depressing to see that the weight is still around and nothing that I am doing or not doing is helping me.
- I am back to 63-64kg instead of continuing to lose weight. All the feasting these few months and doing lesser exercise overall has really backfired on this goal..
- There are still many areas in the house which are yet to be de-cluttered and the messes seem never ending!!
- I still have books left over from July which I haven’t finished reading. I also received a few more books to add to the “to read” list. I really need to speed up my reading routine.
- I still need to exercise more regularly but haven’t been getting around to doing so besides signing up for weekly Zumba classes
What I accomplished in August
- I have increased my fan base to about 7400 fans on facebook and 4320 twitter fans giving me a total of more then 10K reach combined.(It has dropped a bit this week or so but I’m hopefully that the numbers will continue to increase.)
- Completed my campaign with- Loreal. Added on a new campaign by Comfort to the ongoing Lifebuoy campaign.
- Completed reading 4 books for review, done 7 giveaways and 4 product/service reviews.
- De-clutter the kids toy boxes and re organized all their toys.
- Done 2 guest post on other blogger’s site.
- Done a few new bakes and tried out 2 new cake recipes. Read up and tried making different types of soup for the kids to drink.
Here is are my goals for 2012
Weight Lost Goals
I’m determined to get my weight down to 55kg by the time Tiger girl turns 2 in Sept. ( This has been revised to 60kg by Dec 2012)
My routine would be
- Stair climbing (x2) 5 times a week
Zumba WII/IWII Active or other interactive sports games.
- Increase intake of fruits and water.
- Cook more healthy foods
- Try to get more sleep at night if possible ( hopefully Tiger Girl can sleep through the night soon)
Organize the kids toy chest and donate the toys that they don’t need. Clear out expired stuff from the pantry and the fridge.
- Pack up the baking cupboard and put all the essentials neatly inside.
- Wash all the air-con filters/ clean all the fans in the house.
Re-ogarnize the bookshelf.
- Sort out the pantry and all other cupboards.
earrange the books/items in the kids room
Educating the kids (Ongoing)
- Prepare Doggy boy for P1 next year by doing daily exercises in English, Maths and Chinese doing weekdays.
- Read daily to Tiger girl and start doing more flashcards with her.
- Brushing up on Monkey boy’s composition and oral skill for both English and Chinese.
Getting Monkey boy to polish up his piano pieces for the upcoming piano exam this year. He is taking hi Grade 2 Piano exam this year.(He just set for his exam in July and achieve a Distinction for the Grade 2 Piano Practical)
- Getting Doggie boy to do practice the piano more often.
- Getting the kids to read more in English/Chinese before bedtime.
- Read the bible at least once every fortnight.
- Pray more often with them.
For the blog (Dominique’s Desk)
Increase revenue to be able to save enough to buy a DSLR.- Am reaching the target very soon!!( Have bought my DSLR a Canon 650D and am now learning how to use it efficiently)
- Have bloggers to guest posts on my blog. (ongoing)
- Guest post on other sites/blogs at least once a month. (ongoing)
- Increase readership and grow my traffic. (ongoing)
- Practice taking more shots with my camera.
- Brush up on my Japanese and French.
Do regular facials at home.(I ve started a new beauty regime now which I faithfully follow) Try out new dishes/bakes once a month.
- Be able to fit into my wedding dress again and take a picture wearing it with the 3 kids.
Go for short courses to improve my cooking/baking skills
For the family
Do up a photobook for Tiger Girl Photobook for 2012 go on more family outings/ overseas trips.
- spend more time with R and resume having date nights. ( We have been on 1 date so far and that was on my birthday this month)