It’s time to review my goals that I made for March. After posting this on Astromama for the past few months I’ve decided to post this on my main blog instead to get a better accountability to myself.
Major Fail area
- It seems that weight lost is really not my area. It’s still stagnant and yet to edge towards my target weight. Falling ill in March really put my plans on hold as I didn’t want to further exhaust myself and nurse myself back to health first.
- I STILL yet to draw up a teaching plan for the teaching of Japanese to the kids. I’ve yet to do up the flashcards which I have planed to do since January !!
- I’ve yet to start on Tiger Girl’s Photobook but I HAVE to do it this month as next month will be even more busy as I have to prepare Monkey boy for his impending exams.
What I accomplished in March
- I joined a few other bloggers and hosted nearly 10 giveaways . Dominique’s Desk Fanpage has more then 1000 fans now and steadily climbing. (1643 fans at last count). I’ve also seen an increase in the number of twitter followers and a decrease in my A rankings. I’m hoping to get my Alexa ranking down from the current 113,660. It will be great to be down to 100,000. Even though it is important to build up the numbers I am not overly concerned about this and try to build this up gradually focusing on improving the PR ranking first.
- Planned and booked our first family holiday for the year to Korea. The kids can’t wait to go and now I need to really sit down and plan our daily itinerary of places to visit.
- Purchase a new wardrobe for the kids so that their shirts/jackets can be hanged up nicely and not be squashed in their chest of drawers.
- Signed up for bread making class to attend with my best friend. The first class starts this weekend and I can’t wait to learn how to make my own bread.
- Done 3 guest post for other sides and have lined up another few guest post spots to fill for April.
- Got more products to review and some for giveaways during March and am setting up a better blogging schedule so that I can spend less time online.
Here is are my goals for 2012
Weight Lost Goals
I’m determined to get my weight down to 55kg by the time Tiger girl turns 2 in Sept. ( It’s currently down to 62/63kg)
My routine would be
- Stair climbing (x2) 5 times a week
Zumba WII/IWII Active or other interactive sports games.
- Increase intake of fruits and water.
- Cook more healthy foods
- Try to get more sleep at night if possible ( hopefully Tiger Girl can sleep through the night soon)
Organize the kids toy chest and donate the toys that they don’t need. Clear out expired stuff from the pantry and the fridge.
- Pack up the baking cupboard and put all the essentials neatly inside.
- Wash all the air-con filters/ clean all the fans in the house.
Re-ogarnize the bookshelf.
- Sort out the pantry and all other cupboards.
Educating the kids (Ongoing)
- Prepare Doggy boy for P1 next year by doing daily exercises in English, Maths and Chinese doing weekdays.
- Read daily to Tiger girl and start doing more flashcards with her.
- Brushing up on Monkey boy’s composition and oral skill for both English and Chinese.
- Getting Monkey boy to polish up his piano pieces for the upcoming piano exam this year. He will most probably be going for Grade 2.
- Getting Doggie boy to do practice the piano more often.
- Getting the kids to read more in English/Chinese before bedtime.
- Read the bible at least once every fortnight.
- Pray more often with them.
For the blog (Dominique’s Desk)
- Increase revenue to be able to save enough to buy a DSLR.
- Have bloggers to guest posts on my blog.
- Guest post on other sites/blogs at least once a month.
- Increase readership and grow my community
- Practice taking more shots with my camera.
- Brush up on my Japanese and French.
- Do regular facials at home.
- Try out new dishes/bakes once a month.
- Be able to fit into my wedding dress again and take a picture wearing it with the 3 kids.
- Go for short courses to improve my cooking/baking skills
For the family
- Do up a photobook for Tiger Girl
- Photobook for 2012
- go on more family outings/ overseas trips.
- spend more time with R and resume having date nights.