In a few months time the kids and I will be going on another trip overseas. We are no strangers to the airport as we travel overseas yearly. Most of the time we arrive at the airport just in time to clear the customs and board the flight. We seldom have time to check out the facilities that there are within the airport.
Here is a glimpse the massive amount of facilities that we have at our airport and why it would be great if you could check in early.
1. If you are having an aching back and need a massage you can check out this Fish Spa at Terminal 1 Departure/Transit Mall.
You can indulge yourself in a back massage, foot massage or let tiny fishes treat your feet by nibbling away the dead skin cells on your feet to reveal baby smooth skin.
2. Visit the Sunflower Garden at Level 3 of Terminal 2 Departure/Transit Mall)There are more then 500 sunflowers on display in the garden and you can enjoy the view from the rooftop garden while admiring the flowers.
3. If sunflowers are not your style how about looking at some Cactus instead at Terminal 1 Departure/Transit Mall?
Voted Singapore’s best rooftop garden in the 2001 Singapore Garden City Award, this cactus garden has more then 40 species of cacti and succulents found mostly in the American and African regions. There is a bar located at the garden itself so you can have a drink while enjoying the sights.
4. For other nature lovers you can check out the Butterfly Garden on Level 2 at Terminal 3 Departure lounge.
Designed as a tropical butterfly habitat with many flowering plants this is the world’s 1st butterfly garden in an airpot which hosts a collection of 200 insectivorous plants besides butterflies. If you are lucky a butterfly may land on your finger or body for you to take a photo of.
A close up of a butterfly that landed on a passengers arm.
5. If outdoor gardens are not what you enjoy visiting how about an indoor garden?
In Terminal 2 Departure/Transit Mall there is an Orchid garden and Koi pond. This garden features the Dendrobium Changi Airport which was uniquely created for the airport among all other orchids on display.
6. The Fern garden at Terminal 2 is another place where you can admire nature indoors.
There is a vast range of ferns such as the Rabbit’s Foot, Stag’s Horn Ferns among the variety of ferns on display.
7. If Nature is not your cup of tea why don’t chill out watching ESPN soccer in front of these big screens at the Xperience Zone in Terminal 2 Departure hall.
8. While you are there you can send an e postcard to your family and friends.
9. If you like something a bit more cozy do check out the Movie theatres which are in both Terminal 2 and 3 Departure /Transit mall.
You can bring the whole family in(including your luggage) and watch a movie for free.
If movies are not what you are into there are gaming areas in the entertainment Deck of Terminal 2 Departure/Transit Mall where you can enjoy free LAN gaming, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 games.
10. Shopping at Changi Airport Departure Malls are exempted from the 7% GST.
There are a mixture of international and local brands shops in all terminals. With 130 food and beverage outlets throughout all the terminals there is no shortage of items which you could purchase or eat before you fly off.
How is it like at the airport in your country?
Disclaimer: I was given a free tour of the facilities within Changi Aiport by the CAG. All opinions are 100% my own.