It has been a great vacation here in Seoul. We have been here for a week and will be flying back tomorrow.
Here are some highlights of the first day we had in Seoul starting with our first meal after touch down.
Fried rice on a hot plate. This is the first time I am seeing fried rice served this way. It was rather unusual as fried rice is normally served on a plate.
The room was really huge as we booked a residence instead of a typical hotel room. There was a queen, single and sofa bed for the five of us.
You can guess who immediately made a beeline for the most comfortable bed in the room.
I love the fact that there is a washing machine within the room so that we can wash our own clothes and I don’t need to lug back a week of dirty clothes to wash over the weekend.I can also cook simple meals if the kids do not fancy Korean food. The kids are not that fussy eaters so I didn’t need to touch the stove.
I’ll be uploading more photos over the weekend of our trip. I can’t wait to share with you the fun we had during our time here in Korea.
This week was another hectic week for me. Monkey boy was off to the Media Mogul’s class this whole week and we had to wake up much earlier each day to be able to send him to class punctually. He really enjoyed himself at the class so the time and sleep sacrifice was worth it.
Since his class was in the morning we had most of our lunches outside before heading back home. Monkey boy was really enjoying himself as he got to choose the various places he would like to eat it and go for his favourite Japanese cuisines.
On one of the afternoons we went DOME for afternoon tea and enjoyed ourselves with their tasty treats.
Chocolate milkshake with chocolate ice-cream. Heavy on calories but certainly very yummy.
Granny opted for a glass of English tea instead of a heavy milkshake.
Since the theme for P52 is water this week I felt that it was apt to feature our famous “water” icon – The Merlion
1. Did you do anything special for your kids on the last day of school? Or did you parents do anything special for you? We didn’t really do anything special besides planning on where to go and have fun this June holiday.
2. What’s your favorite summer tradition with your children? It would be to travel overseas during the holidays. We will be off on our week long vacation today!!
3. What was your favorite thing to do during the summer as a kid? It would be to go cycling with my friends, catching movies and simply hanging out.
4. How old were you when you were married? Were you a Bridezilla?
I was twenty- two when I was married. Certainly not a Bridezilla as we planned everything one year prior to our wedding and did the co-ordination work/ decoration of the church/car etc all on our own.
5. What is your favorite girl name? (I’m needing suggestions.) It would have to be little Tiger Girl.
The questions this week for Friendship Friday is to introduce one of my blogging buddies.
This week I would like to feature Anne of Green Eggs & Moms. Anne is a fellow Mom blogger who stays in Manila, Philippines. She has guest posted twice here at Dominique’s Desk.She is fascinated with writing, psychology and horror stories. I got to know about her through one of the forums which I frequently visit each week.