Being a kid does have lots of perks. They have lots of chances and privileges nowadays as compared to the time when we were a kid. Even though when they grow up they will face more challenges than we currently are facing I’m glad that they are living up being a child.
Here are 10 reasons why you would want to be my kid.
- You get lots of love, affection and care from everyone in the family who will dote on you.
You will always be the prince and princess of the family and extend family.
- Presents and treats are aplenty and you don’t even need to wait till your next birthday.
One needs to just casually mention that you like a certain thing (Ie: Angry Bird) and the grandparents/grand aunties will bring the related clothings , stationary and toys back from their overseas trips or shopping trips for you.
- Traveling overseas happens yearly and you get to visit many fun and scenic places.
Last year alone the kids went to Penang, Malaysia, Bali, Indonesia and Hong Kong. This year there are plans to bring the kids to Port Dickson, Malaysia, Korea or Japan and maybe Hong Kong again to visit the family.
- You don’t have to be a genius but will get all your help to become the best you can be.
There are two elementary school teachers and two ex- elementary school principals within the immediate family who are more then willing to coach you in English, Mandarin, Maths, Science, Arts & Crafts, Music and Sports.
- You get to go on play dates and holidays are always packed with activities
Mummy is always there to make sure that you get a balance between study and play even during the holidays.
- You can ask to play the same CD a zillion times on the radio and won’t get chided for it.
Music is highly regarded in our family and enjoying yourself by listening to your favourite CD will never get denied.
- You can have the weirdest ideas on how to celebrate your birthday and it may become a reality.
Mommy dearest will try her best to let you have a very memorable birthday. Personalized 3D cake, party favors, balloon sculptures etc .
- You are allowed to create messes. However you will have to clean up after yourself.
I believe in letting the child experiment and learn from it. However they do need to be given the tools to be independent and clear up their own messes.
- You are allowed to make mistakes and will not be judged for them.
Making mistakes and having errors are part and parcel of learning and growing up and the best time to make them is when you are a kid.
- You are allowed to play WII/ games daily.
That is provided you have finished all homework and chores for the day.