Rebekah is still on a break from hosting the Insane Goals Monthly Link up. I skipped posting my goals last month but will continue for this month.
In October I managed to achieve the following
- Facebook Fan base has crossed the 8000 mark and it is currently at 8300 fans. Twitter fan count has also increased to 4760.
- I’ve finally broken through to having less then a 100,000 ranking on Alexa. At last glance it was 96,813. Yipee!!
- I’ve set up a new Facebook mentoring blogging group and am now in charge of grooming two groups of bloggers.
- I’ve completed 5 book reviews, 10 giveaways and 4 product reviews on top of the normal daily posting on the blog.
- Am starting a new series on “Preparing for Primary One ” which is going to last through the month of November and December.
Major Fail area
- Weight has climbed up further to 64-65kg. It has been really frustrating looking at the scales. It seems that I am piling on the muscles instead of losing the inches especially around the tummy region. I have to re-examine my exercise routine and food intake for the next few months.
- I gave up on the Hello Morning challenge of reading the bible constantly every morning. It’s just not suitable for me. I am resolving to reading a selected scripture once a week instead and mediate on the words.
- I still need to exercise more regularly but haven’t been getting around to doing so besides signing up for weekly Zumba classes
Here is are my goals for 2012
Weight Lost Goals
I’m determined to get my weight down to 55kg by the time Tiger girl turns 2 in Sept. ( This has been revised to 60kg by Dec 2012)
My routine would be
- Stair climbing (x2) 5 times a week
Zumba WII/IWII Active or other interactive sports games.
- Increase intake of fruits and water.
- Cook more healthy foods
- Try to get more sleep at night if possible ( hopefully Tiger Girl can sleep through the night soon)
Organize the kids toy chest and donate the toys that they don’t need. Clear out expired stuff from the pantry and the fridge.
- Pack up the baking cupboard and put all the essentials neatly inside.
Wash all the air-con filters/ clean all the fans in the house. Re-ogarnize the bookshelf.
- Sort out the pantry and all other cupboards.
earrange the books/items in the kids room
Educating the kids (Ongoing)
- Prepare Doggy boy for P1 next year by doing daily exercises in English, Maths and Chinese doing weekdays.
- Read daily to Tiger girl and start doing more flashcards with her.
- Brushing up on Monkey boy’s composition and oral skill for both English and Chinese.
Getting Monkey boy to polish up his piano pieces for the upcoming piano exam this year. He is taking hi Grade 2 Piano exam this year.(He just set for his exam in July and achieve a Distinction for the Grade 2 Piano Practical)
- Getting Doggie boy to do practice the piano more often.
- Getting the kids to read more in English/Chinese before bedtime.
- Read the bible at least once every fortnight.
- Pray more often with them.
- Teach Tiger girl music ( New project starting Nov)
For the blog (Dominique’s Desk)
Increase revenue to be able to save enough to buy a DSLR.- Am reaching the target very soon!!( Have bought my DSLR a Canon 650D and am now learning how to use it efficiently)
- Have bloggers to guest posts on my blog. (ongoing)
- Guest post on other sites/blogs at least once a month. (ongoing)
- Increase readership and grow my traffic. (ongoing)
break the 100,000 Alexa mark
- Practice taking more shots with my camera.
- Brush up on my Japanese and French.
Do regular facials at home.(I ve started a new beauty regime now which I faithfully follow) Try out new dishes/bakes once a month.
- Be able to fit into my wedding dress again and take a picture wearing it with the 3 kids.
Go for short courses to improve my cooking/baking skills
For the family
Do up a photobook for Tiger Girl Photobook for 2012 go on more family outings/ overseas tripsspend more time with R and resume having date nights. ( We have been on a few dates so far and it has been good )
- Do up an annual photobook documenting the highlights of the year ( Current project added in Nov)