Two weeks ago I received a large package from gogobabyz.com it was the travelmate which they kindly agreed to let me review after I saw the product on their website. Here is a photo of the package that came from UPS.
The GoGo Babyz Kidz Travelmate is a handy contraception which would convert your existing car seat into a stroller. It would come in very handy if we needed to bring our Tiger girl’s car seat along for long drives overseas.
Upon opening up the box I found this inside. It came with simple instruction sheet on how to fix up the gadget and it didn’t take me long to get the contraption fixed.
My little model couldn’t wait to try out the item and was impatiently waiting beside the box for me to take it for a test drive.
I tried it out on two different car seats as it didn’t work with the first one due to the squarish base which it had. I couldn’t secure the wheels to the side of the base so the car seat could not be tilted and lifted up.
The travelmate worked fine with my Britax Frontier 85 seat though as it was baseless and it was quite easy to maneuver it like a trolley luggage.
Tiger girl enjoyed being pull along and strapped in. She wasn’t afraid or fussing at all while trying out the product.
What I liked about the product
- It was easy to install and use
- Definitely easy way to bring a carseat on an airline during our travels. My toddler will be able to sit comfortable in her airplane seat when we travel and I don’t have to wrestle her down with a lap belt.
- My toddler can use it as a temporary stroller and I don’t have to bring both the carseat and the stroller up the aeroplane.
What I disliked about the product
- The handle was difficult to lock at different positions. It doesn’t stay when you put it in the middle position and has to be used with the handle fully extended.
- It scrapped the side of my car seat when I attempted pulling it with Tiger girl inside from our apartment all the way to the car park as the car seat seem a tad larger then the size of the base.
- It is hard to maneuver and pull the carseat up curbs as it is extremely heavy. The travelmate is good for flat surfaces or ramps only.
- It is not compatible with all carseats.
In all this is a good product if you are travelling frequently with your toddler in tow and love to go on free and easy drives while on holiday.