To conclude this series on Musical Notes I find that it is fit to mention
about Instrumental Care.
For a musical instrument to preform at its optimal condition it should be well taken care of. The
violin which I had cost $3K when bought way back and had to go through a few minor repairs when neck came lose.
Violin Care Tips
- Keep your violin out of the humidity and extreme changes of temperature as it would cause the glue at the joints to loosen and warp the wood.
- Wipe the violin daily to rid it of dust and dirt.
- Monitor your violin for any crack and send it for repair if necessary.
- Loosen the strings of the bow before putting it back into the case.
- Wash your hands before you use your instrument.
- Keep your instrument in the case when not in use.
- Remove the shoulder rest and place it separately into the violin case.
Piano Care Tips
- Any change in humidity and temperature may adversely affect the piano. Therefore it is advisable to keep the heating rod installed in the
piano switched on 24/7
- Tune the piano at least once( or twice) yearly.
- Use a soft moist wet cloth to clean the keys of the piano.
- Use the feather duster or static free cloth to dust the piano frequently.
- You can use a vacuum cleaner to clean the soundboard of the piano.
Hope that you have enjoyed reading this series on Musical Notes.
If you have missed any of the earlier posts here is a recap of the whole series.
- Post in this series