From this week I will be running “Teddy Bytes” a mid-week special where you (the reader) are encouraged to join and add in any interesting bytes of information relating to parenting or education. Add on your Byte using Mr Linky!
Here is my byte for this week- How to nurture a creative child
5 Rules for active listening
- Listen attentively and do not interrupt when he is speaking.
- Use open questions to fuel the discussion.
- Gives lots of praise and encouragement
- Don’t be bossy and “put down” their contributions
- Don’t force your own ideas/opinions on your child.