This year I had a rather quiet Mother’s Day celebration with the kids. No flowers and no fancy meals. There was no need to splurge on expensive meals of presents. Having the whole family together was good enough for me. The good thing is that R cooked dinner and washed up after that. It was great to take a rest from the kitchen.
How was your Mother’s Day celebrated?
Today I am sharing one of the latest song by Super Junior OPPA OPPA
1. For Mother’s Day I _________
had lunch with the family, my mom and my grandmother.
2. What is your favorite dish that your Mom makes?
My mother doesn’t really cook. I don’t have any favorite dishes which she cooks. However the kids do love the breaded chicken and Japanese food which I cook for them.
3. Who are you a “Mom” too?
A 20 month old Tiger girl, 5 yr old Doggie boy and 8 yr old Monkey Boy.
4. What did you have for Mother’s Day dinner?
R cooked spaghetti for the whole family.
5. What is your fondest memory of your Mom? It would be her being around for us to talk to and play with when we were kids.
Last weekend I completed my bread baking class. The certificate of course completion was handed out to all the students at the lesson. 4 weeks have really whizzed passed very quickly. During these four weeks I have learned a lot about bread baking and how it is not really what I am passionate about. It can take anywhere between 6-18 hrs to bake a loaf of bread. A lot of time is spend waiting for the bread to be proof before it can be scored and placed in the oven to bake. The actual baking time can be from 7-25 mins which is relatively lesser time taken as compared to baking a cake.
I think that I won’t continue doing sourdough bread as it takes way too long to get it up and “active” while making a loaf. I’ll stick to using instant yeast if I am baking bread again. I feel that making cakes is certainly much easier and my next quest will be learning how to make mousse cakes and more fancy cakes.
This week I am sharing another Korean song. Here is Girl’s generation singing their hit-“The Boys”
1. I wish _________ I could have more hours in a day so that I am able to get enough time to do all that has to be done PLUS time to have sufficient hours to sleep.
2. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? I would like to fast forward and see how if the kids do settle down and get married in the future.
3. Do you like to cook? Yes I do. I like trying out new recipes if I do have the time to.
4. What do you like to do to get exercise? Climbing stairs and walking.
5. How tidy are you? I try to get things organized and de-clutter regularly but it doesn’t seem to be happening as often as I would like.