It’s new year eve and time to set my resolutions for the next year. As I look upon last year’s resolution I realised that there had been a lot of changes from my original plan. We didn’t get around to visiting Korea and Japan but went to Malaysia and Indonesia instead. The boys weren’t taught much Japanese as I concentrated more on English and Mandarin.
This year I’ll be setting a more detailed resolutions for both myself and the family which I will diligently worth towards completing.
1- Read more books and brush up on both Japanese and French.
2- Practice the piano.
3- Lose the 6kg and get back to 55kg
4. Take better care of my well-being.
5. Learn more bakes/dishes which can be suited to everyone’s palette.
6. Take more time out to spend with R and start going on date nights again.
7. Learn how to use my camera properly and earn enough for my first DSLR.
For the kids
1- Read the bible weekly/bi-weekly and carry out activities related to the bible activity book.
2- Step up on academic learning for the elder boys and do more flash cards and hands on activities with Tiger Girl.
3- Bring the kids out to the park more often if possible and engage in more sports activities.
For the family
1- Go on a family vacation where everyone is able to enjoy themselves doing activities that they like.
2- Pray together and do more activities as a family.
What do you have planned for 2012?
Resolutions which I won’t be keeping this 2012
- Not get annoyed with the kids. It’s like almost impossible not to get irritated with them on the daily basis.
- Thinking more about others then self/family. I’ve had it of being “nice” and considerate and having to bend over backwards for some “people”.
- Staying off Twitter and Facebook.
- Eating less cake/ chocolate. I can’t help it that one of my resolutions is to learn how to make more pastries for the kids to eat.
- Sort out and clear/pack the kids toy cabinet. I try to get started with it but it never..NEVER stays neat.
- Keep the house spick and span.
- Take up a new language course.
- Saying ” YES”.. my new favourite word is ” NO”..especially to whinny demanding kids.
- Sign up for a gym membership.. It’s so NOT for me price wise or time wise.
- I won’t be going to any blog conferences or meet up as they are in USA which is more then half the world away from here in Singapore.