In a few weeks time the kids will be having the month long school holidays. It would be a really busy time for the kids and me as we embark on our whirlwind adventure as we take to the skies again travelling to different countries.
Vacations are a time whereby we break away from the normal routine and try out something different. It is always a fun learning experience for the whole family.
Here is a list of 13 things which I love about being on vacation.
- The kids don’t have to wake up early and rush off to school.
- We get to visit other countries and learn more about their culture and language.
- We get to meet up with friends/ relatives which we may not have the chance to see during school days.
- Play dates and excursions for the kids.
- Learning occurs outdoors and the kids gets lots of opportunities to try out hands on activities.
- We get more time to do crafts and experiments.
- Lots of time to do reading and research on topics which the kids are interested in.
- Watch movies/ plays.
- Have time to just sit there and chill.
- Revisiting academic topics which the boys are weak in so they get extra time learning it.
- Learning new dishes to cook/bake as a family.
- Have time to spring clean the house with the kids.
- Time to sit down and plan what I intend to do with the kids/ my own goals etc after having a 1/2 year review.
What do you like about vacations?
What will you be doing this Summer vacation?