There are many things about our family which I have been sharing here on the blog. Our daily lives, places that we go and the experiences which we have been through. However I’m sure most of my readers are not aware of the following.
- There are distinct differences between the males and females in our household. I’m not talking about gender difference but a more genetic based one. The boys(guys) are all right handed and their blood group is B+ while the gals are lefties and our blood group is O+.
- The boys have the same middle character (Yan) in their Chinese name while the girl’s Chinese name is totally different. The choosing of their Chinese name has nothing to do with following the family registry but rather which name suited their birth timing and date(Ba Zhi).
- Two out of three siblings have the same preference for fruits. Tiger girl and Doggie boy love eating strawberries, grapes and practically any kinds of berries. Monkey boy on the other hand dislikes fruits and would only take the occasional banana or apple.
- The kids 1st word is Daddy. All three of them started off calling Daddy. You can say they were “trained” to do so as I’ve been prompting them to call Daddy since they were born. ( A great way to get R more interactive with the kids :P)
- Only #1 and #3 look like they are related. Tiger girl resembles Monkey boy when he was younger while Doggie boy has a different look all together. Monkey boy resembles R when he was a kid while Tiger girl looks like me. Doggie boy looks kinda in between.
What similarities/differences are there between your kids?
Do they resemble you or your spouse when you were kids?